Quick, convenient, secure online access to your child’s medical information is here! Our Patient Portal allows you to do many things from the comfort of your own home or smartphone at any time. On the Patient Portal, you can:
- Request an appointment for a well check (if your child is sick, please call our office for an appointment)
- View and print your child’s immunization record and growth charts
- View and print visit summaries and handouts from past appointments
- Save time by completing required surveys online in advance of a well check visit
- View a list of active medications and request a refill of medication
- View lab results
- Securely message our office with non-urgent questions (i.e. billing, referrals, etc.)
- Update your contact information (i.e. address, phone number)
- Easily manage all of your children’s medical information in one place
To take advantage of these convenient features:
- Make sure to provide us with your email address to login to the Patient Portal by filling out the contact preferences form at your next office visit (if you have visited our office in the past year you may have already completed this form). The contact preferences form is also available on the Forms page.
- You will receive an email to alert you when there is new information on the portal for your child.
- Visit https://patientportal.intelichart.com/. The first time you access the new patient portal, you will need to create a new account. Click on “Let’s Get Started” on the right side of the screen. Type in the email address previously registered with our office and a password of your choice. Click “Continue.” If you have previously signed in to the new Patient Portal, click “Sign In” and enter your email address and password.
- Obtain a PIN from our office (you may obtain this PIN in person at our office or via telephone (call us at 916-421-8245). Your identity will be verified prior to receiving the PIN. The PIN is valid for a limited time only (you must register on the portal before the PIN expires).”When asked “Did your provider give you a PIN?”, click “Yes,” When asked “Who are you registering?”, click “Child or Dependent.” Enter your child/dependent’s birthdate followed by the PIN.
- Repeat Step 4 for each of your children/dependents. You will need a separate PIN for each child.
- If you need help to register, ask any of the staff for assistance.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to your child’s health information!
Click here to visit the Patient Portal.