Our office will be closed on Monday, February 18, 2019 in observance of Presidents’ Day. If your child is ill and you need advice, please visit our After Hours page for information on contacting the on-call doctor.
November 16, 2018 -- We just received another shipment of flu vaccine and now have flu vaccine available for children age 6 months and older for all insurances (both private and Medi-Cal).
- If your child is due for a well child visit between now and the end of November, he or she can receive the flu vaccine at the well child visit. Otherwise, please call our office to schedule a flu vaccine appointment.
- Our office is in the process of calling all patients who were on the waiting list for flu vaccine to reschedule their flu vaccine appointment. You can also give us a call to reschedule without waiting for our office to call you.
- Self-scheduling for flu vaccines through the Patient Portal is currently unavailable due to fluctuating supply of flu vaccine. When you call our office to make an appointment, we will check to make sure we have the type of flu vaccine your child will need.
- Please remember that a flu vaccine appointment allows only enough time for your child to receive the flu vaccine. If your child needs to be seen by the doctor for any issues other than simply receiving a flu vaccine, please call our office to make a regular ill visit or well check appointment instead.
- A yearly flu vaccine is recommended for all kids age 6 months to 18 years old.
- Although the nasal flu vaccine is back on the market for this flu season, the American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend it this year (read article here for more information) because there is not enough experience yet with the new nasal vaccine to determine if it is effective. Because of this, our office has chosen not to offer nasal flu vaccine this year.
September 17, 2018 -- We now have flu vaccine available for children age 6 months and older with private insurance. If your child is 6 months and older and has private insurance, please call our office to schedule a flu vaccine appointment.